Image by Freepik
When the golf industry descends on Orlando, Fla., Jan. 25-30, the sheer number of things to attend, learn, see and do can be dizzying. To help you budget both your time and your money without missing a moment, we’ve assembled the following reminders and helpful hints.
And don’t forget: You can keep up with the latest GIS updates and announcements and get a closer look at some of the noteworthy goings-on via GCM’s Golf Industry Show hub.
• Register by Jan. 13 to save $100.
• Register for the GCSAA Golf Championships by Dec. 20 to save $50.
• Become a GCSAA member! All current GCSAA members are entitled to a one-time complimentary GIS registration as part of their membership benefits. If you’re already a GCSAA member and have yet to use your complimentary registration, this is the year. Plus, GCSAA members also save on full-conference packages compared with non-members.
• Book your room through Connections Housing, the official housing agency of GIS, for the lowest rates, guaranteed (more information below). Connections Housing has options for apartment-style housing to help you save even more.
• Save on transportation by using the free shuttle service to and from the Orange County Convention Center and official conference hotels.
• Take advantage of free education sessions at the GCSAA Education Conference.
Save money on housing
By booking within the GIS room block through Connections Housing, you’ll get these benefits:
- Lowest rates, guaranteed. If you find a lower advertised rate for any of the official GIS hotels, contact GCSAA at 800-472-7878.
- Convenience: Real-time online service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- All hotels are either within walking distance of the convention center or are on the free GIS shuttle bus route.
- No booking or service fees.
- Earn points toward your personal hotel rewards program.
- You’re in control — view, alter or cancel your reservation at any time.
- Networking opportunities with other attendees staying at your hotel.
- Vacation-friendly: Rates are valid three days prior to and three days following the Golf Industry Show, giving you the opportunity to spend some additional time relaxing and recharging.
Save money on dining
Show your attendee badge and save! From family fare to fine seafood and everything in between, GIS attendees can take advantage of great dining offers in Orlando, with more than 50 restaurants offering discounts for everyone at GIS.
• Register before arriving in Orlando. This will also allow you to take advantage of special discounted pricing.
• Use Express Pass at the convention center to save time while printing your badge.
• Use the Orange County Convention Center campus maps to determine where you need to go while at GIS. Pay close attention to which activities take place in each concourse to ensure you’re not late to your events.
• Brainstorm the specific solutions you would like to find for your facility. Take education that can help you solve those challenges. If your problem requires products or services, review the list of exhibitors and identify which you would like to visit during the trade show.
• Print any necessary materials for your education seminars ahead of time.
• Consider education offerings right on the trade show floor.
• Get familiar with the trade show floor plan before you arrive.
• If you plan to use the shuttle, make sure you know your boarding location.