February 8, 2024
Editor’s note: The GCM team will be doing our best to maintain an up-to-date feed of announcements on this page. If you have news you think belongs here, please email Scott Hollister.
Wednesday, February 28
- The Toro Company has been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies for 2024. The World's Most Admired Companies list by Fortune is a comprehensive ranking that evaluates companies across various industries
based on key attributes such as innovation, social responsibility, quality of management, and global competitiveness. The Toro Company's consistent dedication to these principles has earned it a place among the world's most admired organizations..
Tuesday, February 27
- The FairWays Foundation announced that the grant application window is now open for the 2024 Grant Cycle. Applications will be accepted through April 30th, 2024. The conservation-focused non-profit encourages all businesses or individuals
to apply who are looking for funding assistance for projects pertaining to our environment and natural resources. Interested applicants can begin their application by visiting thefairwaysfoundation.com/apply.
Monday, February 26
- PBI-Gordon announced that Shawn Golz has joined the company as a sales representative for golf course, sports turf, lawn care, and landscape maintenance customers in Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio. Golz brings more than 17 years of experience
in agricultural and turf equipment sales — and as a golf course superintendent — to his new role.
Tuesday, February 6
- Audubon International, is proud to announce that 25 of its Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary for Golf (ACSP) Certified courses in the United States and Canada are in play on the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions and LPGA Tour in 2024.
To learn more about Audubon's ongoing efforts and how you can get involved, visit audubon.org/news-successes.
Monday, February 5
- SiteOne Landscape Supply is offering a series of free bilingual virtual training sessions on topics related to their products and website. Upcoming training session dates include February 22, March 8 and March 22. Register online
and learn more at SiteOne.com/LIVE
- The USGA has named Bob Farren, CGCS, the recipient of its 2024 Green Section award. A highly regarded leader in golf course management and director of golf course course management at Pinehurst Resort & Country Club, Farren
has been a principal force behind a dedicated effort to restore Pinehurst’s historic course architecture while advancing the environmental and economic sustainability of its now 11-course footprint. Look for more on Farren's achievement
in the April issue of GCM.