March 8, 2023
Editor’s note: The GCM team will be doing our best to maintain an up-to-date feed of announcements on this page. If you have news you think belongs here, please email Scott Hollister.
Wednesday, March 8
- Target Specialty Products announced part twenty-one of the Turf Fuel Masterclass Series. Independent Turfgrass Research’s Dr. John Dempsey, Turfgrass Pathologist and Target Specialty Products’ Steve Loveday, Product Development Manager,
will present a FREE webinar, “Game-Changing Strategies You Can Use to Improve Plant Fitness” on Thursday, March 23 at 1:30 P.M. EDT / 10:30 A.M. PDT. Dr. Dempsey will discuss reducing disease through nutrition and cultural practices,
plant defense systems, and biostimulants and plant fitness. Register here.
- The United States Golf Association (USGA) today announced that Saucon Valley Country Club, in Bethlehem, Pa., will be the host site for five USGA championships, including the 2032 and 2042 U.S. Senior Opens. The club will also host the 2026 U.S. Junior
Amateur, 2038 U.S. Women’s Amateur and 2051 U.S. Amateur.
Thursday, March 9
- Syngenta announced the establishment of a new position, head of key accounts, and the appointment of a new district sales manager for its Professional Solutions business. Todd Loecke has been appointed to the newly created role of head of key accounts,
managing six key account managers across the turf, ornamentals, professional pest management and consumer businesses. Troy Rippy has been appointed the new Midwest district sales manager within the turf and ornamentals businesses.
Wednesday, March 15
- RISE (Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment)® joined more than 400 organizations to send a letter to all members of the United States Senate and House of Representatives voicing support for the current regulatory framework in place under
the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). Visit the RISE website at www.pestfacts.org for more information.
Monday, March 20
- Michael Morris has been named the Golf Association of Michigan (GAM) Superintendent Award of Merit winner for 2023. The award is bestowed upon a superintendent who has demonstrated leadership, professionalism, good character and high standards of
conduct through pursuits associated with golf course grounds maintenance and care.
Thursday, March 30
- Golf course developer and construction company Landscapes Unlimited has formalized its JumpStart program, designed to assist owners embarking on new course projects or renovations to existing facilities. The program assists with up-front work such as the development of a capital strategy, market research, business and daily operations framework, programming reviews and recommendations, marketing evaluations, financial scenarios, proforma iterations, and how-to execution and management planning.