September 7, 2022
Editor’s note: The GCM team will be doing our best to maintain an up-to-date feed of announcements on this page. If you have news you think belongs here, please email Scott Hollister.
Wednesday, September 6
- Spray Caddie™ Golf Cup Cover, which shields the golf cup from liquid spray apps of fertilizers, colorants, herbicides, PGRs, and more, offers an Early Order Program of its own to complement chemical E.O.P.s and help golf course
superintendents keep the golf cup clean when spraying greens. Spray Caddie’s Early Order Progam offers a 10% discount on all purchases through October 15, 2022, when orders are placed online at SprayCaddie.com and use Coupon Code: EOP22
- Audubon International has released the newly updated version of its “A Guide to Environmental Stewardship on the Golf Course.” This revised 3rd edition is available to all Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf
Courses (ASCP) members as part of the organization’s 35th anniversary celebration and replaces the 2nd edition, which was last updated in 2013. To learn more, visit auduboninternational.org or call toll free: 1-844-767-9051.
- Andy Staples, owner and principal architect of Staples Golf Design, is set to begin work on a strategic plan to upgrade Phoenix Country Club in Phoenix, Arizona. Originally built in 1899, then moved to its current location in 1921,
Phoenix Country Club boasts an incredible tournament history, and a celebrated golf course designed by Harry Collis of Chicago. Visit staplesgolfdesign.com for more details.
Friday, September 23
- Albaugh LLC is pleased to announce the expansion of their flagship North American manufacturing facility located in St. Joseph, Mo. The expansion will include a multi-acre distribution center for finished products with Full Truckload and Less than
Truckload capacities, as well as specialized production equipment for smaller pack sizes. The expansion will also allow for the restructuring of the main facility to accommodate increased production needs.
- Prime Source, a division of Albaugh, LLC, announces the registration of new Triad T Select™ Herbicide. The newest member of the Triad herbicide family combines triclopyr with the trusted performance of Triad Select™, containing 2,4-D,
MCPA and dicamba. Triad T Select is labeled for the selective postemergence control of over 80 broadleaf weeds including clover, dandelion, plantain, ground ivy, oxalis, spurge, thistle, Virginia buttonweed and wild violet. For more information
on Triad T Select, Triad Select, Triad QC Select, Triad SFZ Select and Triad TZ, and the full line of products from Prime Source go to www.primesource-albaugh.com.
- The Kohler Co. Board of Directors has elected President and Chief Executive Officer David Kohler to the additional role of Chair of the Board, following the passing of Executive Chairman Herbert V. Kohler, Jr. on Sept. 3 at age 83. David will Chair
the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, in addition to his role as Chief Executive Officer which will include full scope responsibility for the three business groups of Kohler Co. (Kitchen & Bath, Power, Hospitality) and all enterprise
functions. David has been with Kohler Co. for over 31 years and was elected to the role of President and Chief Executive Officer in 2015, having previously served as President and Chief Operating Officer since 2009. He is the fourth generation
of Kohler family leadership since the company’s inception in 1873, and only the ninth person to lead the company over the last 149 years.
- The USGA announced that Baltimore (Md.) Country Club’s East Course will be the host site for the 2026 U.S. Senior Amateur and 2031 U.S. Women’s Amateur Championships. The club has previously hosted four USGA championships, most recently the 1988 U.S. Women’s Open. The 71st U.S. Senior Amateur will be held Aug. 29-Sept. 3, 2026. The 131st U.S. Women’s Amateur will be held Aug. 4-10, 2031.